2018 General Session
The Calling: Authentic Stewardship
Executive Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Chair-Elect of HFMA National
Geisinger Health System
Finance professionals are comfortable with their traditional role as resource stewards. Today’s healthcare industry, however, calls us to become stewards of lives and relationships as well. Whether seeding innovation, experimenting with new payment models, or forging new collaborative partnerships, we are met each day with the challenge to reimagine and transform what we know into what our patients and communities need and deserve. Success requires a commitment to being difference makers and to leveraging the Power of One to impact many. This presentation will explore these issues and encourage you to shoot for the “sweet spot”─that place where passion meets purpose.
You will learn:
- Articulate the experiences that have shaped them into person or professional they are today.
- Explore the top challenges facing our industry and how that translates to their role and organization.
- Discuss healthcare finance professionals’ unique contribution to advancing the health of their communities through stewardship.
- Consider the opportunities within their organizations to collaborate with physicians, health plans, and/or community resources.
- Explain how the Power of One can be leveraged to influence and inspire others.
- Describe current HFMA initiatives designed to help finance professionals succeed in their efforts to make a difference in today’s healthcare industry.
Level of Presentation: All levels